Website Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc./EGADZ
The Place… For New Beginnings
Rewarding Employment Opportunity
The Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc. – EGADZ requires a Youth Worker and individuals interested in Part Time shifts for our Retreat Housing Program within EGADZ. (Shift Work Is Involved – Daytime/Evenings/Overnights/Weekends)
EGADZ is an inter-agency, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide services for hard to serve youth in Saskatoon with the mission to encourage and support them to make choices that improve their quality of life.
The Retreat Housing Program seeks to provide support services for hard to serve youth who have been involved in at risk & high-risk lifestyles and who suffer from Mental Health illnesses. The ideal candidates are non-judgmental, compassionate and are able to build trusting relationships with youth.
- Post-secondary education in the human services field, equivalent experience or a combination of both
- Demonstrate and practice a healthy lifestyle
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with youth, staff and partnering agencies while maintaining strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively in an oral and written form
- Working knowledge of computers/windows
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures and issues
- A good understanding of EGADZ and our mission
- Training in CPR and ASIST (ASIST training within the first 6 months of employment)
- Must have a valid driver’s license that reflects a safe driving record – A Driver’s Abstract is Required (Within 3 Months).
- Criminal records Check (Within 6 Months)
Starting Wage $21.36
Pension and Health Benefit Program.
Cover Letters and Resumes labelled – Youth Worker My Homes can be mailed/dropped off at
EGADZ Youth Centre 485 – 1st Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 1X5 or emailed to email@example.com
EGADZ appreciates everyone who does apply; however only those selected for an interview will be
notified. Please no phone calls
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org