Website Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc./EGADZ
The Place… For New Beginnings
Rewarding Employment Opportunity
The Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc./EGADZ requires an Outreach Worker and individual interested in a Part Time shifts for Ground Zero Outreach within EGADZ. (Shift Work Is Involved -Evenings/Weekends)
EGADZ is an inter-agency, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide services for hard to serve youth in Saskatoon with the mission to encourage and support them to make choices that improve their quality of life.
Ground Zero is a Transitional Housing project designed to fill gaps in housing support for youth in Saskatoon. Outreach Workers provide services to on both an emergent and long-term basis. These services include but are not limited to: emergency planning, advocacy, justice support, transportation and long-term housing support.
The ideal candidates are non-judgmental, compassionate and are able to build trusting
relationships with youth.
- Post secondary education in the human services field, equivalent experience or a combination of both
- Demonstrate and practice a healthy lifestyle
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with youth, staff and partnering agencies and maintain strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively in an oral and written form
- Working knowledge of computers (Windows)
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures.
- Must have an experienced driver’s license that reflects a safe driving record – a Driver’s Abstract is required. (Within 3 months)
- Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector (Within 6 months)
- Shift work is required, including evenings, overnights, and weekends
Wage starting at $20.36 per hour
Pension and Health Benefit Program
Cover Letters and Resumes labelled – Ground Zero Outreach can be mailed/dropped off at EGADZ
Youth Centre 485 – 1st Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 1X5 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org EGADZ appreciates all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Please no phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com