Website Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc./EGADZ
The Place… For New Beginnings
Rewarding Employment Opportunity
EGADZ is an inter-agency, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide services for hard to serve youth in Saskatoon with the mission to encourage and support them to make choices that improve their quality of life.
The Peer/Mentor My Home provides a home for 12 – 17-year-old at risk youth. The homes are situated in new residential neighborhoods in Saskatoon. The My Homes operate with a live-in House Mom who supports and assists the girls/young women with daily life issues as they arise. The homes are supervised and supported by additional staff of the Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc./EGADZ with full time Youth Workers who support the House Moms and girls/young women who live in the homes.
This position requires a responsible person who leads a healthy lifestyle and can be role model for our hard to serve female youth. The individual may have had similar life experience(s), or their life has been impacted by some of the struggles that our youth are facing today. The House Mom must be non-judgmental and able to provide emotional support to youth when required. The House Mom is someone who is easily approachable and accessible for the youth, and also furthering their own education or working part or full time.
- Demonstrate and practice a healthy lifestyle
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with youth, staff and partnering agencies while maintaining strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively in an oral and written form
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures and issues
- A good understanding of EGADZ and our mission
- An understanding for Mental Health & Addictions
- Criminal records Check (Within 6 Months)
This is a live-in paid position.
Cover Letters and Resumes labelled – Live-in Mentor can be mailed/dropped off at EGADZ Youth Centre 485 – 1st Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 1X5 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
EGADZ appreciates everyone who does apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Please no phone calls
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com