Website Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc. - EGADZ
The Place… For New Beginnings
Rewarding Employment Opportunity
Crisis Outreach Worker – EGADZ Residential Program
The Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc. – EGADZ requires a Crisis Outreach Worker and individuals interested in Full Time shifts for our Residential Program within EGADZ. (Shift Work Is Involved –Daytime/Evenings/Overnights/Weekends).
EGADZ is an inter-agency, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide services for hard to serve youth in Saskatoon with the mission to encourage and support them to make choices that improve their quality of life.
The Crisis Outreach Worker seeks to provide support services for hard to serve youth who have been involved in at risk & high-risk lifestyles and who suffer from Mental Health illnesses. The ideal candidates are non-judgmental, compassionate and are able to build trusting relationships with youth.
- Post-secondary education in the human services field, equivalent experience or a combination of both
- Demonstrate and practice a healthy lifestyle
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with youth, staff and partnering agencies while maintaining strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively in an oral and written form
- Working knowledge of computers/windows
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures and issues
- A good understanding of EGADZ and our mission
- An understanding and empathy for Mental Health
- Strong critical thinking skills with solution focused mindset
- Training in CPR and ASIST (ASIST training within the first 6 months of employment)
- Must have a valid driver’s license that reflects a safe driving record – A Driver’s Abstract is Required (Within 3 Months).
- Criminal records Check (Within 6 Months)
Starting Wage $21.36
Pension and Health Benefit Program.
Cover Letters and Resumes labelled –Crisis Outreach Worker can be mailed/dropped off at EGADZ
Youth Centre 485 – 1st Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 1X5 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EGADZ appreciates everyone who does apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Please no phone calls
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com